In 1874, 13 members from the Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church assembled to begin a church in the Cruso community. Those 13 people decided to call the new church East Fork Baptist. They met in a 1-room log schoolhouse until 1895 when a white, plank church was built. In 1920, a bell was purchased for $60.00, this is the bell still used today.
In 1942, the congregation had outgrown the plank church. A birthday box was placed at the front of the church. The members put in a penny for every year they were alive. When $50.00 was collected, they began construction on a new building. The new church was made of native river rock and seated approximately 200.
By the later 1950's the church had again outgrown it's home. It was decided a new building should be constructed across from the Cruso School. In 1962, a groundbreaking ceremony was held. The current brick sanctuary and education building was built and the first service was held in 1964. A fellowship hall and parsonage were added in the 1970s.
In the years since 1874, East Fork has prospered and grown. Babies have been born and members have died. So today, and always, our prayer is that this body of believers may stay together and do God's will.